Commitment to Community
Lubin Olson’s Commitment to Community Transcends the Office
At Lubin Olson, our commitment to assisting others transcends the confines of our office and extends into the communities in which we work and live. We understand we have a responsibility to give back to those communities through service, philanthropy, and pro bono legal work, as well as by adhering to ethical and sustainable business practices.
Our commitment to these values is exemplified by many aspects of the firm’s activities, including the following:
- We provide pro bono representation to Swords To Plowshares (STP), a community-based non-profit, in a variety of transactional real estate matters to support STP in its mission of providing housing to approximately 3,000 homeless, low-income and at-risk United States
Veterans in the Bay Area.
- We support the Queen’s Bench Bar Association Of The Bay Area. Started in 1921, this association fosters professional and social relationships among women lawyers and promotes equality and opportunities for all women through education, programs, and community outreach.
- We provide financial support to several food banks, including San Francisco County, Alameda County, and Solano County. In addition, we support the Meals on Wheels program.
- We are proud to support the Wheelchair Foundation. This non-profit organization was created to bring awareness of the needs and abilities of people with physical disabilities and to deliver a wheelchair to every child, teen, and adult in the world who needs one, but cannot afford one.
- We provide support to Lambda Legal. Lambda Legal is an American civil rights organization that focuses on LGBTQ+ communities, as well as people living with HIV/AIDS, and provides support through impact litigation, societal education, and public policy work.
- We also provide financial and other support to numerous organizations, including Compassion in Oakland, Housing Action Coalition, the Other Bar Foundation, Glide Memorial, Self-Help for the Elderly, East Bay Community Law Center, Family Support Services of Alameda County, Cesar Chavez Organization, and many other non-profits and organizations.
For additional information regarding Lubin Olson’s commitment to the community, please contact Kelly McHan.